Monday 12 October 2020

Isolation Day 8 - Diary 4

Thanks again for the positive comments, I'll try and keep this going for a bit longer, gives me something to do at least.
Lets get the important stuff out of the way first. Last night (Sunday I think) I decided to check out my taste and smell senses via the medium of alcohol. Obviously 1 bottle of beer wouldn't yield enough data so I went for 7 or 8 and a glass of white wine but with the same result, I tasted f**k all. I did have a bit of a buzz on though so you still get pissed but just don't enjoy it the same. My sister in law reckons she had coronavirus back in March before proper testing and was quite ill for a week and reckons her taste and smell haven't come back properly yet. My son Josh thinks he had it around the same time and he is now ok so I'm hoping for the same.
This virus seems to be affecting people in very different ways, some don't even know they have it and some have actually lost their lives, others just get flu like symptoms which is the category I fall into, so far. In fact all I have today after 8 days is a bit of a muzzy head but you can probably guess why that is. Talking about symptoms I'll go through mine just so you know. I started with a bit of a temperature but wasn't burning up, my resting heart rate was up a bit, it's normally around 60 beats per minute but was in the mid 80's for a couple of days, nothing bad. My legs were aching down the backs for a few days and I developed a slight cough and runny nose but didn't feel breathless. I found deep breathing fresh air beneficial, there's a breathing technique on YouTube by a doctor from Queens in London that I did a few times and that seemed to help. If you search "Coronavirus breathing technique" it should come up first. Anyway I hope none of you will ever need it.
I have an old school friend who is extremely intelligent, well I have a couple actually, I won't name them as I don't want to embarrass them. They make me think of Tyrion Lannister from Game Of Thrones with the quote "I Drink And I Know Things" well this one doesn't drink but he knows a lot of stuff. He private messaged me with a list that may help with fighting Covid and I thought I'd share:
Zinc (good source pumpkin seeds), 
Selenium (good source is Brazil nuts), 
Vitamin D (high dose supplements),
Vitamin C (if you have viral symptoms take 1-2g 3 to 4 times per day)
Like I say hopefully you won't need them and we can get shut of this dammed virus sooner rather than later.
Track and Trace were on the phone again yesterday asking about contacts, thankfully because of isolating from my son's diagnosis I only have my close family. I did tell her about the funeral I went to but she reckoned that was before the contagion period. Thankfully the team I help out with at Ashton Athletic had their game called off the weekend I was infected due to bad weather or I could have spread it there. Jeez, scary stuff!
Well I guess we're all awaiting the Governments announcement today with bated breath, lets hope we can take something positive from it. I'm with Andy Burnham the Mayor of Manchester. If it's deemed we need a lockdown whether local or national then people need financial support, you can't just shut everything down again without it.
Anyway that's it for today, take care and Keep Safe x

No comments: