Sunday 11 October 2020

Isolation Day 7 - Diary 3


Thanks for reading these posts, it's good to hear from so many people and the offers of help have been overwhelming.

Well my suspicions were correct. I received a text message this morning saying my coronavirus test was positive. It was pretty much nailed on when I lost my sense of taste and smell. I've had symptoms for a while but didn't get tested earlier as my wife Karen was ill the week before, had the test and it came back negative. I just thought I'd caught the same bug. Anyway myself and Lucas (21) are feeling loads better, our other son Josh (28) has no symptoms as we think he had the virus back in March, also losing his taste and smell senses.

You tend to speculate where have we caught it from but I guess we'll never know, it's so random and contagious all you can do is be careful, keep washing your hands, social distance and wear the masks if possible. One thing I would say which it says in the text message is "try not to worry", there's enough mental pressure with all the news bulletins being thrown at you constantly, try and eat healthily and do some exercise. Walking, deep breathing, stair climbing whatever you can.

As someone pointed out to me in the comments yesterday I think this kind of isolation is harder when you have the virus as you aren't allowed out at all, no going for walks, visiting shops and you're reliant on other people or getting home deliveries.

I really hope there isn't another national lockdown coming. People need to respect the rules and other people but we can't just let the virus run riot as some have suggested, we need to protect the NHS for those who will need it. I went to a funeral recently, an old agent friend who used to book our band and I knew he was ill but his health went downhill fast as his appointments for cancer treatment kept getting cancelled due to Covid. We really can't let that happen again.

I'm missing the football this weekend. I'm normally either stood on the touchline helping out with Ashton Athletic Development squad or manning the turn-style for 1st team home games. Unfortunately we've had to cease all football activities at the club as at least 3 players have tested positive. These grass roots clubs really need your support at the moment and I saw a wonderful tweet from one of our young 15 year old supporters regarding the Premier league charging fans £14-95 pay-per-view. His reply to BBC Sport was "£14-95 to watch a home game on your TV or £14-95 to watch a game in real life, get a drink, programme and something to eat. I know what I'd rather do @AshtonAthletic" We actually only charge £6 to get in and can I recommend the Tetley bitter, it's tremendous!

By the way drinking beer and wine without taste and smell is crap as I found out last night, of course I had a few in the interests of research but I can confirm it's not good. I might try again tonight to see if there's any improvement.

That's all for now, until next time. Keep Safe x

No comments: