Wednesday 14 October 2020

Isolation Day 10 - Diary 5

Well I had a day off yesterday from blogging, probably as I'm running out of things to say about my Covid issues, thankfully I appear to have gotten off lightly. As far as symptoms go I do feel a bit weaker but getting stronger every day and unfortunately the taste and smell senses are still non-existent.

I see Greater Manchester and Lancashire has missed the highest level of restrictions but I feel very sorry for those in Liverpool and the surrounding districts. I live within a mile of the Merseyside border and those businesses that are on the wrong side are going to suffer terribly having to close for at least 4 weeks. I don't think the level of support announced is anywhere close to being adequate, but if we're heading for a national lockdown or a "circuit break" then surely it should have been done 3 weeks ago when the scientists first recommended it.

Personally I think we will need to learn to live with the virus until a vaccine comes along, socially distanced of course, hand-washing and mask wearing but that can't happen until track and trace comes up to speed. To be honest track and trace have called almost everyday and my experience has been positive. In fact I've just had a call to tell me I'm out of isolation tomorrow having done 10 days since my first symptoms. It'll be good to get out and about again. Yippee!!

We are still participating in the Office for National Statistics survey which means another Covid test for all of us today. They did ring me to say one of my tests was positive but it was the same day as my NHS test so I already knew and they've asked me to give blood as part of the antibody testing which I've agreed to, hopefully it may help someone.

Fingers crossed our level of football (North West Counties) is on this weekend as Ashton Athletic are away to Liversedge (Yorkshire) in the FA Vase but who knows what will happen in the days to come.

I'm not sure there'll be much more from me on this subject as thankfully I appear to have come out the other side. Thanks again for all the well wishes and support it really mean a lot. Look after yourselves and your families.

Keep Safe and Support the NHS x

Photo by Ian Stauffer on Unsplash

No comments: