Saturday 31 January 2009

Quecia....the end

I have to report the demise of the band I have worked with on and off for the past 8 years or so, Quecia. After 2 albums and a single, it seems we were unable to move to the next level and finish the 3rd album, for reasons beyond my control.

I was hoping to get that finished, to give the band a push and move us in the right direction and also to start to introduce more new material. We'd built up quite a lot of interest from the acoustic shows last year and had some excellent gigs lined up for 2009, but it was destined not to be.

Sadly, it was never going to work as people are not prepared to put the time in to realise the potential of the band and you can only take so much time being wasted.

The positives from a personal point of view are that I can now finish a project I'd put on hold for over 12 months for Quecia and continue writing and recording myself and maybe join another band. I will also release the songs I've written and helped write for Quecia and hope to keep on blogging and supporting the music I like and try and share a bit of the knowledge I've picked up along the way.

Thanks for all the support in the past and the emails I've received in the last few days.

Cheers
Chris

Bookmark and Share



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Chris, So sorry to hear this. I thought you were going places as the image presented was very professional and the music sounded decent. Never mind, mate. Like you said, 'Next project!'
Keep going, mate.